Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Announcer for the Apocalypse

I realized recently that Shay Stevens - on-air news announcer for NPR - will be the one to announce the arrival of the apocalypse for a large number of people.

Once that flashed through my head, I now can't hear her opening ("I'm Shay Stevens") without immediately thinking, "And this is the apocalypse."

I'm not really feeling that dark about things, it's just that I realized that if I ever actually hear about a global catastrophe - as opposed to experiencing it firsthand and therefore not needing any commentary - the chances are extremely high that Shay will be delivering the news.

I wonder if she's had that though, too.

Weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hilarious. I am trying to get my Shay Stevens impersonation down, it will never happen.