Tuesday, September 16, 2008

all of the sprain, none of the glory

In the first 5 minutes of my (90 minute) soccer game sunday, I was jogging up field while watching the play on the far side... play changed direction, and so did I.

My right ankle, however, wasn't aware of these new plans, so I rolled my ankle out, and while trying to correct quickly, rolled it in, which tweaked my knee a little, too.

No glory, no contact with another player, heck - not even fatigue. Just dumbness.

It'll be fine in a week or two, and I've injured my ankles far worse. Of course, since our team was down a player, I really didn't want to stop playing, so I was mostly a warm body for the remaining 85 minutes, but with occasional flashes of above-mediocrity.

At least I got a cherry slurpee on the way home. So that made everything better for a while.


Also, I think I'm developing a massage habit - I've had a pro massage each of the last two weekends, and I can only imagine that it would be a stellar idea for this coming weekend, too.

No comments: