Sunday, September 14, 2008

6 years and counting

It's been 6 years today since Paul and I exchanged promises to be the best partners for each other that we can. I think Paul has succeeded wildly.
And, while I think he'd say he has no complaints about my overall performance in this category, I always feel like there's more I can do. He is somehow magically patient with my learning curve. And I - I am very very lucky.

I realize there's nothing I can say about this love that isn't sappy, hasn't been said in a cheesy love song, and hasn't been true for others more skilled in prose than I. But that wouldn't make it any less true.

It doesn't feel like 6 years at all. It feels like maybe 1-2, like he's still my totally hot, fun boyfriend. Maybe we'll both grow up someday, but at this rate, it seems unlikely. There are worse fates.

To commemorate that fact that it was our wedding anniversary and that we didn't have a cake due this weekend and didn't have any other huge projects hanging over our heads, we took saturday and just spent totally unplanned time together. That's not quite true, the day started with one planned event: I got us both massages to celebrate. Then, we kinda wandered through the (sunny beautiful) day doing whatever came next. We laughed a lot and talked a lot and ate well and just enjoyed each other's company.

I hope this fine weekend finds you well and feeling blessed.

No comments: