Sunday, May 11, 2008

A passing

Paul's mom, R, passed away last weekend.

Some of you might have known that this was her third bout with lung cancer, and she held on for far far longer than any of the doctors predicted. There is something to be said for hardheaded determination.

I am grateful for the time that experience gave me to get to know her and other members of Paul's family better, and I am also relieved that she is no longer in discomfort.

While it is a bittersweet Mother's Day for Paul and his brother, it is one where we believe she's more comfortable, and hopefully having a good laugh with friends and family who have preceeded her.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Out of the blue I saw Paul on an episode of Ace of Cakes today. I was friends with Paul years ago and his Mom and I got along like gangbusters! What a fun and great lady! Please pass along my condolences to Paul.

Heather C.

Anonymous said...

I told Helen about Paul's Mom after you and I talked at the game. She also wanted to let you guys know we are thinking about you. You can insert some prophetic saying here - but I think I think you said it well Z.