Thursday, February 7, 2008

It ain't all gloom and doom

I know there's been a thread of grouchy sarcasm in my last few posts. Maybe it's because I'm preparing to get all feisty at this weekend's caucus - go Obama! Either way, here is the rectification:

Paul made his unbelieveable chocolate cookies last night. After a 2 week long craving, they are sweet indeed!

My dad is sounding and feeling better after a l-o-n-g year of some hard medication.

I plugged our printer into our new mac today and was printing within 30 seconds; it was *actually* plug and play as advertised! SO nice when things work.

I've started journaling a little again, which gives me material that I'll soon edit and throw up on my other blog, ItMightBeDrivel.

Today is the beginning of the Year of the Rat (Xin Nian Kuai Le!), which is my year. In fact, according to wikipedia, I am a Water Rat because I was born in 1972. According to a Chinese Astrology webpage, water represents cold, black, wisdom, and lust. Also, it turns out that 2008 is supposed to be a very lucky year for Water Rats. So I've got those going for me, which is nice.

Had the chance to reconnect with some people I've not really talked with in years at a friend's birthday party last weekend. A real treat, and nice to take a moment to realize how many really quality people I know.

Freakshow Romney dropped outta the race, so I already feel 10 times better about any of the remaining candidates.

What next? A couple warm-just-from-the-oven chocolate cookies, a glass of milk, and a pbs show.

Geek? Yes.
Warm and content? Yes

No comments: