Sunday, February 10, 2008

By now, most of you know Obama won

Washington state went overwhelmingly for Obama. How overwhelmingly?

Reading the state's Democratic party stats, I learned Clinton only won 1 jurisdiction in the entire state. Most of the jurisdictions shown are counties, though some of the larger counties were subdivided; ours was King 46th, if you're curious.

I was really surprised - though not disappointed - at how many apparently like-minded people live in my state. Don't even get me started on how much better this process has been here than if I still lived in Virginia, where the political parties can actually advertise IN the polling place. (Note: perhaps they're not *supposed to*, but they do.)

I'm so juiced at the prospect of having a president who represents a generation newer than the boomers, appears to understand the pragmatic necessity of talking with adversarial nations rather than acting like a child holding a grudge, and doesn't trigger the sort of vitriol that the name 'Clinton' does.

Oh yeah, and Clinton essentially improperly voted to turn over the power to declare war to the Executive branch(based on an intelligence report she never even read), and I don't know how I could trust her to then become the head of that branch. Given that the Constitution is the standard by which we judge all other legal concepts, disregarding the checks and balances part of it is troubling.

Really, doesn't this stuff keep anyone else awake?

No comments: