Friday, February 15, 2008

Huh, go figure!

Because idle hands are the devil's playthings
and because I've yet to secure full time employment
and because I'm rather partial to participating in a participatory democracy, I applied to be a worker bee for Washington state's primary election on Tuesday the 19th.

Here's the "careful what you ask for" part: The county elections board contacted me and asked me to be an Elections Inspector at one of the sites! Beyond managing the staff's shifts and breaks, I'll be responsible for the materials getting to and from the polling site, setting it up, assisting staff and voters, then properly repacking all the supplies and transporting them back to the county's offices with a staffer who is a member of the opposite party.

I love this and I'm totally psyched. It's not every year I would have the time and energy to do this, so I'm pleased to take advantage of it now!

And, the irony is not lost on me that the election I become involved in is when the party I am supporting has decided not to count any votes (we're having a so-called "beauty contest" election). At least when I complain about it in the future to my state's party leadership, I may be able to complain with more authority! ;-)


******************************
On an unrelated note, I got my hair cut today, it was way too floppy there for a while. I took this picture with our Mac's built in camera - technology is fun.
Anyway, Hi Everyone!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great!

Anonymous said...

Only I would know that is a mirror image photo. You are looking at the Anti-Liz. Bizarro Zard if you will.