Monday, October 8, 2007

Update from the Land of Unemployed Misfits: I didn't get the job, or any other job!

You may recall that on Sept 18 I wrote about getting 6 rejection letters for 1 job all on the same day.*

To continue with the theme of "Places That May Not Have Their Shit Together", I got a rejection letter today for a job that I didn't even apply for.

How awesome is that??

It only gets better when I receive a letter later the same day rejecting my application for a job I did apply for.

It was like a preemptive rejection: "We don't want you for this job, or any other!!"

I think a decade ago this kind of thing would have gotten me down - now I think it's really damn funny and it just serves to highlight how cool it's going to be to rely on my own business for income rather than the rocket surgeons currently making employment decisions.

*I still think the 6 rejection letters are funny, and I giggled today when it occurred to me to contact the agency again and inquire about the status of the position. Will keep you updated on these shennanigans.

No comments: