Saturday, October 20, 2007

extra extra: head cold kicks ass

Sore throat, pressure inside my head like an anti-vice.
Runny nose. sneezes. tired. resting a lot, but none of it seems actually restful. something weird about the almost hallucinatory nature of illness induced dreams. so detailed and still totally bizarre.
let's hear it for the Quils: nyquil and dayquil. now if only the meth heads hadn't ruined it for the rest of us. fuckers - I feel pretty uncharitable towards anyone who makes it harder for me to get nyquil when I'm sick, and those jerks are responsible for the *good* nyquil now being behind the pharmacist's counter. not just adding another step to getting medicine *if* the pharmacy is even open when needed, but being treated like a meth head myself - getting all my personal info recorded by some suspicious pharmacist twerp.
that aside, my sweets is now cleaning the kitchen cuz he's the best. he's going to a sleep study at a hospital tonight and tomorrow. i'll miss him, but the timing is good - not like I'm up for doing anything fun this weekend.
i'm going to nap again on the couch.
'night.

2 comments:

j-dub said...

Hi Sweetie...so sorry you're sickish. Agree about the Quils problems. I went thru the same thing with nasal spray before merchants got smart and decided liquids didn't do it. There are still restrictions of sorts.

Sleep Study? Does he have sleep troubles?

I won't call til I know you're not sleeping.

Kel and Mel are in SFe packing up for moving out by Fri. Not sure what after that. He sounds good.

Love you
Mom

Anonymous said...

Missed you on Sunday at the game Z. You would of had fun - lots of shots on goal (their goal). Looks like your feeling better since you have 'accepted' the upcoming playoff game! See you and Paul soon - maybe tonight if we can kick our guests out early.
Corky