Monday, July 14, 2008

Algae, Allergies, and All that jazz

A recent algae bloom in the water system here in south seattle completely clogged up some of our cold water lines. By completely, I mean that I could turn the sprinkler on all the way, and the only way it was going to experience any sort of dampness would be if I then dumped a bucket of water on it. The main shower and the washing machine were at about the same functionality.

Now, for someone with allergies so bad this year that I tweaked a nerve in my neck this morning during a sneezing fit - can't turn my head to the left now - the inability to rinse my person and my linens was a little distressing.

But wait, what is this on the horizon? It's Super Paul, man of fearlessness and brains, wearing +2 pants of smartness! He talked to the utility, figured out the problem, and fixed our various intakes all before I got home from work today. Hooray!

As for the allergies, it's gotten so much worse from last year that I'm finally seeing an allergist this week. The goocher: I can't take any more allergy meds this week, in order to make sure they can accurately measure my reactions on Friday. So, considering that I'm miserable when fully medicated, I expect this week to consist of near incapacitation.
The mantra will be: I can do anything for a week, and it's about to get better,
I can do anything for a week, and it's about to get better....

Unfortunately, Paul's elderly cousin George passed away last week, so we're going to the funeral tomorrow in bellingham. 2008 has been a tough year on his family here, and I'm hoping this is the 3rd of the 'bad things come in threes' set.

Otherwise, summer plans include: deck, froofy drinks, yardwork / berry picking, soccer, and maybe - just maybe - getting a little sun.

Hope this finds you all well and enjoying the summer!

No comments: